Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > Hardware > ADSL Router Mods
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-January-2007, 07:35
Vikking

DefaultRe: ### Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv ###

OK, I got one of these unit's except mine is labeled a 270HGV and not 2700HGV.
The unit I have is for Fidelity Investments and has no signs on BT on it. It is unlocked and unprovisioned. The only thing is that the wireless is limited to a power level of "4". I have full access to change the VOIP settings/server ..etc.

Here is the readout from my unit:

System
Model: 270HGV Gateway
Serial Number: 33**********
MAC Address: 00:**:**:**:**:**
Hardware Version: 2700-100545-005
Hardware Options: Wireless present
Current Software: 4.25.27
Configuration
Key Code: Unprovisioned

I need the VOIP but I also would not mind having the full wireless. There is a booklet from Fidelity Investments that came with the unit and has a bunch of "Key Codes" that I can use. one of them is called "Self Install (Advanced Users only)" The key is not the same as the one on 2wires website. It starts with 525B.
Old 11-January-2007, 07:52
Vikking

is there any way I can download the current firmware from the machine? so that I can try out the other firmware without risk?
Old 11-January-2007, 18:13
mrmajestic

For some reason I can't access / using the 2700HGV ... does anyone else have this problem?
Old 13-January-2007, 02:48
Royboy91

is there anywere elsea to get firmware i have been trying both links and both are at full capacity, iwould really like to try this out being that is firmware i cant imagine it being big could someone email me it ?

thanks

roy
Old 13-January-2007, 18:19
Screamager

The links are working again, seems the server was down for a while.

The file is 9MB.
Old 15-January-2007, 05:45
Vikking

At first I was afraid to connect my unit to the internet because I was afraid it would lock into Fidelity Investments settings. So I did not use an Activation Key, There is one that seems to be preset into the unit but it is not a code I have found anywhere else on the internet or the Fidelity Investment Guide that came with the unit. I decided to put the unit on the internet and low an behold, it now lets me change the wireless from 1-10!! and I have full access to the VOIP settings!!

Is there any way of downloading the current firmware off the unit to share with you guys??? it's fully unlocked in every sense and works perfect for the last couple of days! I was even able to register it with 2wire!

VOIP: The VOIP settings on the 2wire are VERY limited! I am trying to use it with vbuzzer (www.vbuzzer.com) and I almost had it!! I would pick up the phone and get a dailtone but when I called my VOIP number it would not ring, I would get my VM instead. After playing around with the settings, I ********ed it up and now it won't give me a dialtone anymore. It tries to connect but seems to fail. anyone know if there is a more detailed way of setting up the VOIP?

Thanks in advance!

If anyone can figure out how to download the firmware from my unit, please let me know and I will share it with you! It is FULLY UNLOCKED!
Old 15-January-2007, 06:11
psahu

Waht is the FW rev you have in your 2700hgv router?
i am in us i bought one 2700hgv router from UK with 4.25.19 FW but i like to use VOIP function can any body help find Rev that will enable voip?? sound like your rev is the one i need??
thx
At first I was afraid to connect my unit to the internet because I was afraid it would lock into Fidelity Investments settings. So I did not use an Activation Key, There is one that seems to be preset into the unit but it is not a code I have found anywhere else on the internet or the Fidelity Investment Guide that came with the unit. I decided to put the unit on the internet and low an behold, it now lets me change the wireless from 1-10!! and I have full access to the VOIP settings!!

Is there any way of downloading the current firmware off the unit to share with you guys??? it's fully unlocked in every sense and works perfect for the last couple of days! I was even able to register it with 2wire!

VOIP: The VOIP settings on the 2wire are VERY limited! I am trying to use it with vbuzzer (www.vbuzzer.com) and I almost had it!! I would pick up the phone and get a dailtone but when I called my VOIP number it would not ring, I would get my VM instead. After playing around with the settings, I ********ed it up and now it won't give me a dialtone anymore. It tries to connect but seems to fail. anyone know if there is a more detailed way of setting up the VOIP?

Thanks in advance!

If anyone can figure out how to download the firmware from my unit, please let me know and I will share it with you! It is FULLY UNLOCKED!
Originally Posted by Vikking View Post
Old 15-January-2007, 06:18
psahuUSA

SmileRe: ### Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv ###

Hi,
What is your router SW rev???
i bought 2700hgv router from uk with SW rev 4.25.19 and Voip i disable i like to enable the Voip in my router but i am in usa. i can't goto BT to get leasest FW can any has lestest FW or point me to that web site for down load???
Old 15-January-2007, 15:15
Vikking

Current Software: 4.25.27
Old 15-January-2007, 16:24
ghatsby

Hi all, couple of questions, does anyone know how to fix the wifi level and the limited number of wifi channels after installing the SBC firmware. Also how to enable features such as Web remote, firewall monitor, content screening etc. Thanks in advance...
Old 15-January-2007, 23:43
sdhanjal

Hi all
Can any one tell me how can I upgrade my router I am new mmember to this site and I am unable to get this page display on my browser
/tech/upgrade.html
I think I will need step by step guide for updating router
Danny
Old 17-January-2007, 12:55
m-tek

Got a BT2700hgv firmware Software: 4.25.33 and the power settings only allow
me to use power level 1 ...(no others present ) any ideas ..

Cheers
Old 23-January-2007, 18:17
DV8

TalkingRe: ### Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv ###

Ok,

So I bought a 2700HGV and I managed to get hold of the latest firmware from BT :-). A bit of social engineering and the techie guy sent it to me. I have loaded it and hey presto a new firware with a new setting on it for the BT fusion service.

I now can downgrade to the non bt firware and go back if I want so just thought I would let you all know that once you have flashed your unit to another firware there is a way to get it back to the BT version.

Also the guy gave me the key to enable the access control as my unit did not have it after using it and giving a reboot hey presto I had access control as well.

DV8.
Old 24-January-2007, 14:26

Ok,

So I bought a 2700HGV and I managed to get hold of the latest firmware from BT :-). A bit of social engineering and the techie guy sent it to me. I have loaded it and hey presto a new firware with a new setting on it for the BT fusion service.

I now can downgrade to the non bt firware and go back if I want so just thought I would let you all know that once you have flashed your unit to another firware there is a way to get it back to the BT version.

Also the guy gave me the key to enable the access control as my unit did not have it after using it and giving a reboot hey presto I had access control as well.

DV8.
Originally Posted by DV8 View Post
Are you able to make the file available?
Old 27-January-2007, 17:32
morrisman

Thumbs upRe: ### Unlocked Firmware For Bt Business Hub (2wire) 2700hgv ###

Hi DV8 could you send me the software or post somewhere please. I really could do with it to do the same as you

Cheers in anticipation
Old 28-January-2007, 02:40
psahuusa

Hi DV8,
Great job, it will be great if you can posted some where or email some how, I am I USA I love this router but can't get access to BT FW. Please advice.
Thx
psahu USA
Old 29-January-2007, 14:34
DV8

Hi,

Sorry its taken a few days but here it is.

Please note I take no responsibility if you trash your router. I have tried and tested it successfully on my 2700HGV so I know it can be done. Have fun.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o78zz4

DV8.
Old 29-January-2007, 17:04
Bacardigold

Ok,

DV8.
Can you give me some step by step instructions on how to flash this firmware please? I have my 2700HGV with BT but bought it from Ebay and it was set to use another account. I have used a DNS poisoning trick so it doesn't connect to the BT server but I have no Access Controls anymore as I guess these come from the same server. Can you also post the key code?
Thanks

Adam
Old 29-January-2007, 19:17

DV8,
Well done and thanks.
Old 29-January-2007, 23:04
portico

I used this recovery_425.Zip on my 2700HG. I am living in Mexico and my router took the update. The wireless signal is now much stronger. The speed however stayed the same. Are Upload and download speeds supposed to be increased with this update?
Old 30-January-2007, 05:19
psahuUSA

Hi,

Sorry its taken a few days but here it is.

Please note I take no responsibility if you trash your router. I have tried and tested it successfully on my 2700HGV so I know it can be done. Have fun.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/o78zz4

DV8.
Many Many thanks DV8 does this new FW let you program VOIP also??
psahuUSA
Old 30-January-2007, 05:27
psahuUSA

Hi DV8,
Also if possible can you post the access control key on the web site?
psahuUSA
Old 30-January-2007, 09:42
m-tek

http://rapidshare.com/files/14057700...-29-107-12.2sp

Hosting it for a while
Old 30-January-2007, 14:38
divadiow

does this firmware allow you to go to level 10 (400mw) wifi output?
Old 30-January-2007, 16:09
portico

Yes, I loaded this firmware and followed the steps and links that were on the first post of this thread. I was able to turn up my wifi output from 4 to 10. For some reason I thought this would speed up my d/loads & uploads. No such luck. Cheers.
Old 31-January-2007, 01:17
psahuUSA

Yes, I loaded this firmware and followed the steps and links that were on the first post of this thread. I was able to turn up my wifi output from 4 to 10. For some reason I thought this would speed up my d/loads & uploads. No such luck. Cheers.
Originally Posted by portico View Post
Hi Portico,
i think you flash your with old FW rev 4.25.29, have re flash you unit with FW rev 29.107.12 ??
psahuUSA
Old 31-January-2007, 11:04
m-tek

Not tried the new firmware yet(not had time) , what features are available ??

Cheers m-tek
Old 31-January-2007, 11:33
morrisman

Hi DV8

Unfortunatly have tried to access the link supplied and file has been removed. Any chance of sending or posting elsewhere.
Many thanks in anticipation
Old 31-January-2007, 11:43
Gadget32

Hi,

Ive go the firmware file downloaded onto my pc fine,
but i cannot find anywhere on the router menu's to load the new firmware, Where is it??

The software version im running is: 4.25.33
Thanks
Old 31-January-2007, 12:39
Screamager

morrisman.

There is a Rapidshare link from m-tek 5 posts above yours, to the firmware that DV8 posted.

Tags
2wire, broadband, bt, bt business hub, connection, dhcp, dns, email, firmware, flash, hgv, home, hub, internet, key, lights, lock, orange, phone, registration, router, screen, settings, share, software, sound, speed, speedtester, tiscali, voip, web, wireless

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode