Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > AOL
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-August-2005, 13:31
j0n35y

UnhappyAol disconnects every 5 mins!

Hi, I’m new here, I’ve been reading some posts and realised so many people have the same problem as me, but with my problem it doesn’t matter what time of the day it is, the connection will be lost after almost exactly 5 mins every time.

It did it on my old comp with the Bt Voyager 105, I now have a new comp and my m8 had a spare BT Voyager 205 laying about which was unused, so I tried that and the same happens.

One strange thing to add is that in about a week it will start working fine again probably, as it was ok last week but about a month ago I had the same problem. It seems to come and go weekly. But as my sister needs the internet for her school work, and my mum also needs to use it, I have to get it working properly ASAP.

So I’m guessing my phone line is fudged? I’m about one mile from the main Bt exchange if that matters.

If any1one can help it would be so much appreciated,

…one last thing, would getting a wireless router solve the problem, as I’m thinking about ordering a decent one today.

Thanks for your time,

Allan

Tags
419, aol, belkin, broadband, bt, cable, comparison, computer, connection, dg834g, dhcp, files, isp, line, mail, make, modem, nat, netgear, offer, online, phone, router, settings, share, sharing, slow, software, speeds, voyager, web, windows

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeSwitch to Linear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeThreaded Mode