Go Back   The Scream! > COMPUTER RELATED > P2P File Sharing
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21-November-2003, 02:42
ppuppy

DefaultPorts forward with two routers. (Job done)

I got a U.S. Robotics ADSL Modem/Router month ago, it's only wired connection, and I worked out how to forward ports on that one, I posted it some where in the forum.

This morning, I've just got a D-Link DI624 wirless router, what I was trying to do is to forward ports from my laptop through two routers' firewall. Maybe you guys all know this skill and I am the only one stupid, but I still want to write them down here just for someone who may need it.

If you got two different routers, no problem, the logical is the same, just different interface you will see for different routers.

Now we have:
U.S. Robotics: 192.168.1.1
DHCP: 192.168.1.3-192.168.1.10

D-link DI624: LAN 192.168.0.1
WAN 192.168.1.3

So, I start with config wired router first, allow ports (i.e. 4662, 6881-6889) to be forwarded to a public IP address

you can refer to my old post here
https://the-scream.co.uk/forums/t10458.html?

and then, don't make mistake here, I made mistake here and keep trying to use LAN address 192.168.0.1 to map ports, but actually I should use 192.168.1.3

the logical is, forward computers' ports to the wirless router first (you need to config wirless router here) and then from WAN to public (config wried router here), but not LAN.

I feel this is rubbish I am talking about, but hopefully somebody will find it useful.
Old 21-November-2003, 02:45
ppuppy

but unfortunately, I can not disable DHCP from wired router, cos it seems the only way for wirless router to get a WAN IP, otherwise it will get 0.0.0.0 and you will not have any internet connection. so I have to change the setting every 7 days ( this I cannot change as well, don't know why), also I haven't work out why I cannot for UDP port 9733 to public IP, anybody has idea?

Tags
adsl, connection, dhcp, forward, internet, laptop, make, modem, port, public, router