Go Back   The Scream! > ISP FORUMS > Tiscali
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-April-2005, 16:01
MillwallJoe

AngryBloody Awful Tiscali

Bloody Awful Tiscali.

If you want an ISP that Invoices you correctly each month, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP that takes the correct amount from your Bank each month, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP whose On-Line “Change Personal Details” works properly, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP who correctly sets up your new account when you move, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP who correctly sets up your account when you move again, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP that doesn't cost you extra by sending 145 of your connections to BT when it fails to correctly set up your account on three separate occasions, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP who will follow your instructions to cancel all but your current account, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you don't want an ISP that charges you for accounts terminated months previously, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP who doesn't say that your correspondence failed to reach them, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP that doesn't lose your records, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you don't want a different person to the one you have written to responding (every time) to letters you have sent, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP who acknowledges and then responds to your correspondence when you ask 4 times to make a formal complaint, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want a response when you have been ignored completely by the rank and file and write to the UK CEO and still get no response, DON'T sign up with Tiscali.
If you want an ISP that has a Company policy to completely ignore legitimate complaints, then you might as well sign up with this crap company.

Tiscali really are an awful, leaderless, fault-ridden Company whose only interest seems to be taking customers money and trying to get away with providing the poorest service possible. If you do sign up with them, be prepared for a rough ride.

Fraser Jordan, Kinlochleven, Argyll.
Old 04-April-2005, 09:07
Senile OAP

DefaultRe: Bloody Awful Tiscali

My sister lives in Ross Shire and has been with Tiscali since the days when it was screaming.net and has never experienced all your problems..she loves the service especially BB which she has just changed to.

I do feel for you, you must be a very unlucky punter to have all those problems with an ISP......but Good Luck for the Future
Old 05-April-2005, 16:37
Paraboy

Hi fraser just been reading your thread totally agree with everything on it. Have a look at my reply to thread Here We Go !!!! WHAT A NIGHTMARE

cheers the noo
oban
argyll
Old 15-August-2005, 20:55
Evertonmad

Got to agree with you, about Tiscali, Fraser. In my experience, "bloody awful" is a COMPLIMENT to Tiscali. I will be UNshackled from them in 30 days time, happily. Have given them the (obligatory) 30 days notice of account (broadband) cancellation.

They're a great ISP .... until you actually start using their *service* ... & I use that term VERY loosely !

A couple of months ago I started d'loading music & movie files. After the first few days of doing so, I got an "over-usage warning", by e-mail from them. I thought nothing about it, 'til about a week ago when my d'loading became painfully slow .... slower, in fact, than my old dial-up connection. I ran diagnostic checks on my machine, all the usual sped-checks etc .... & surprise , surprise found out that the fault was with my ISP.
So I 'phoned them. The guy on the other end of the line (in India) had difficulty in understanding me .... & vice versa. Eventually , he said "Ah yes, we've capped your speed because you are a heavy user". Since that call, my broadband connection has been cutting off every few hours or so .... & the speed of d'loading has , unbelievably, got even slower.
Not surprisingly, since I 'phoned them this morning to cancel my account .... it's NOW slowed down to almost stationary. I'm NOT looking forward to the battle (possible ?) of stopping them taking money from my credit card. This is one thing that they ARE professional at .... taking money. I've had months where 2 payments have gone out, STILL not resolved, e-mails to the Tiscali billing address are NEVER answered.

They are not alone though. Many years ago, I cancelled an account with Freeserve & they contiued billing my card for THIRTEEN months afterwards. You could call them to set up payments, accounts & it took just a few minutes .... just try cancelling accounts or getting money owed back. NO chance ! They did, however manage to terminate the actual connection within a couple of days of my request .... the billing wouldn't stop. The customer helpline advised me to write to a P.O. box number in Leeds. I did, several times .... to no avail & no response. 13 months later, after months of headaches & heated exchanges with their *helpline* & my credit card company, I finally got my money refunded. The hassle was NOT wanted or neccesary.

Hopefully, my next intended *quality* ISP (AOL platinum .... no d'load limits & faster speed) will prove a better set-up. My advice to anyone reading .... avoid Tiscali like the plague !!!

Evertomad.
Old 16-August-2005, 18:06
MillwallJoe

Thumbs downRe: Bloody Awful Tiscali

Hello Evertonmad, thanks for the hit.

It does seem that Tiscali complaints almost always seem to be based on the same lines. Firstly Broadband customers don't get the service they are paying for and secondly, that when things do go wrong Tiscali seems unable to resolve it's Customer care issues quickly and efficiently. These Customers then become so alienated that they feel the need to inform others about their difficulties with Tiscali. The potential business/customers that they are losing by their poor service detailed in sites like this must be enormous when added to word of mouth stories.

With regards to your next ISP, you might want to look at removed who give impartial info on which ISP is currently offering the best current deals.

Good luck for a speedy conclusion to your Tiscali experience but I rather expect that your problems aren't yet over.

MillwallJoe, Norfolk.

Last edited by Zer02004; 22-September-2006 at 17:10. Reason: Link removed as the company involved are far from impartial!!!
Old 18-August-2005, 08:54
gino

My sister lives in Ross Shire and has been with Tiscali since the days when it was screaming.net and has never experienced all your problems..she loves the service especially BB which she has just changed to.

I do feel for you, you must be a very unlucky punter to have all those problems with an ISP......but Good Luck for the Future
Originally Posted by oldboy2000
Your sister is a Very Lucky punter.

Your are quite right using the word punter, it is a gamble or a con.
Old 18-August-2005, 09:12
gino

[QUOTE=............................................ ......................
Hopefully, my next intended *quality* ISP (AOL platinum .... no d'load limits & faster speed) will prove a better set-up. My advice to anyone reading .... avoid Tiscali like the plague !!!

Evertomad.[/QUOTE]

I suggest you make payments by Direct Debit which you can stop at anytime.

Payments by Credit Card can only be stopped by the ISP's agreement
Old 25-October-2005, 11:18
Poppysusanc

Totally agree. They aer the worst service provider. becuase of them I have not had internet access since the 17th July
Old 26-October-2005, 05:10
MillwallJoe

AngryRe: Bloody Awful Tiscali

Hello Poppysusanc

Every time I come back to look at these web pages I am always appalled by the continuing contempt shown by Tiscali to its subscribers. To not be receiving your Broadband service for the length of time you state is disgraceful. If it wasn't for all the other horror stories detailed you might just not believe how bad this company is. You really do need to change to a better ISP at the earliest opportunity.

Best regards, Millwalljoe, Wattisfield..
Old 26-October-2005, 08:42
Senile OAP

Totally agree. They aer the worst service provider. becuase of them I have not had internet access since the 17th July
Originally Posted by Poppysusanc

Can you tell us why ?
Old 26-October-2005, 10:17
Poppysusanc

Tiscali have not given me reason. They just blame BT and BT blame Tiscali. I didn't relaise that youhad to make a personal request of your provider in or change. I thought you could just chance. But obviously not. Tiscali are holdingme to rasom. Basically, if I don't use them they won't let me use anyone else we are stuck in a dead lock. All I want is my MAC migration code.
Old 26-October-2005, 10:58
Senile OAP

I had similar problem with aol....I was having unstable BB connections with them and they could not cure it, so I asked them for Mac Code to migrate and that I was going to leave them....the cheeky sods cancelled my account and then I could not get a Mac Code and have had to wait 2 weeks for BT to clear the Tag on my line.....this has now been done so soon will back up on Broadband...
Old 26-October-2005, 11:19
Poppysusanc

Can you tell me how to get BT to clear the "Tag" on the line?

Cheers
Old 26-October-2005, 12:04
Senile OAP

Can you tell me how to get BT to clear the "Tag" on the line?

Cheers
Tiscali have to cancel it with BT !!....now that could be a problem.......how long was your contract for with Tiscali? ....If they cannot supply you with an efficient connection then you can get out of the contract on this grounds, I did that with AOL I still had 10 months of contract left !!!!!
Old 26-October-2005, 12:15
Poppysusanc

I was with Tiscali for over a year. I cancelled my contract on the 15th July and still can't get connected. Three months with internet connection at home. Its a joke
Old 26-October-2005, 12:26
Senile OAP

Get on to Tiscali and tell them to Cancel with BT......Think I would also get onto BT and explain what is happening...
Old 26-October-2005, 12:48
Poppysusanc

Have tried that!! Phoned / written / emailed!! So now have just printed off a letter to OFCOM, Watchdog, Which and Trading Standards!! Hopefully they can help.

The employees of Tiscali seem to be brain dead
Old 26-October-2005, 13:12
Poppysusanc

Just to up date y'all. Have just had an email from BT

"Thank you for your e-mail dated 20/10/05 about BT Broadband or BT Broadband Basic.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I have tried to deal with this for you and have been given the following information...

As Tiscali canceled the service, they need to contact BT Wholesale to arrange the removal of the markers. Once this has been done, your new Broadband supplier will be free to place an order to provide ADSL."

Like that really helps me!
Old 26-October-2005, 14:35
Senile OAP

What a Shower of Shite they are....surely they can do that it would take them no time at all...

Hope you get it sorted soon, keep us all updated..
Old 26-October-2005, 14:52
Poppysusanc

Latest on the Tiscali saga! Just had a phone call from some bloke saying he was investigating my compliant! I did point out to him that it won't help me get my MAC code!
Old 26-October-2005, 15:46
Senile OAP

Doubt whether you will get a Mac Code now....but at least you can get any free goodies (Modem) that might be going with the deal.....Have a look at www.eclipse.co.uk only one month contract and have very good reports on them... once the tag is off your line it will take about 5 days for the new Broadband connection to take place...
Old 26-October-2005, 16:02
Poppysusanc

Unbelievable!! I have just had a phone call from Tiscali and they have given me my MAC code over the phone!! I have sent about 10 letters, 20 emails and countless phone calls! But fingers crossed I may actually get connected again!!
Old 26-October-2005, 18:56
Senile OAP

Unbelievable!! I have just had a phone call from Tiscali and they have given me my MAC code over the phone!! I have sent about 10 letters, 20 emails and countless phone calls! But fingers crossed I may actually get connected again!!

Great news...keep updating us won't you...Giving you a MAC Code does mean that your BB connection is still there and you should be able to use it until you migrate.......Good Luck anyway.
Old 19-September-2006, 15:56
pete y

I'm rather disappointed to advise you all that I have had intermittent broadband connections since June with TISCALI.
Technical support about the level of my grandson (10 months).
For an internet provider they have one thing in common with AOL you'll never contact them by email,wonder why?????
Hever, on cancelling was offered a substantial upgrade with price reduction.they didn't still seem to understand the word intermittent connection. They then offered me the last technical back up system from Milton Keynes or somewhere. couldn't understand why I declined after over three months of inaction!!!!
Now expect to have to report my credit card lost or stolen to stop them dipping in even more!!!!
Yes I would recommend tiscali to any one with the patience of a saint and a wallet like rocafeller.
Peter
Old 22-September-2006, 16:52
RobertJolley

You are so right .. Tisscali are crap Have been without broafdband for almost two weeks and am told will not get back on until sept 28 because of network upgrade ... having been told up until now that it was BT line fault

They do not know what they are doing, talkijg about ... and their Indian Technical Support line is atrocious
Old 18-October-2006, 02:05
yusuf

they are awful - will leave as soon as contract is up for re newal
Old 14-December-2006, 14:00
Martahn

I cancelled with Tiscali after a year and a half, but straight from week 1 I wasn't impressed with their service, the fact that they could cut me off whenever they felt like it... the only reason i kept on paying was that i thought id leave it, that it would get better... now the account was in my dad's name, so when my Dad passed away in August '06, I got an abundance of mail 'Reminders' to pay them but conviently they decided to cut me off in Sept and never bother to reconnect me.
When I rang them it was a task trying to understand them, they then tried to go through the guidelines they are given, they wouldnt accept that i had already done all their ******** and being a computing student im not as stupid as they were trying to make me out to be... then they said that they found a fault on my line and that a 2nd level engineer would call me back, of course he NEVER did... a few days later i cancelled and told them that im using someone else... the operator told me angrily that i couldn't be, in which i replied to him, "i don't have to be restricted to a bunch of shits like you, ive got another line and im wireless on it and guess what i have a stable connection 24/7!"... of course i had to wait a month to cancel the contract, followed by another month to get my MAC code (is it really that bloody hard as they make it out to be!).
They also sent me three months worth of bills for a service i never got and after ringing them a million times i was told the bill would be settled with 'x dept, there phone no is:....', then that dept would tell me that it was another dept...
What I find to be the cheek of it, 3 days after I cancelled they sent my a promotion letter about the same service I signed up a year ago to... I wouldn't sign up to Tiscali if it was the last ISP on earth, they have no idea what customer support is, they only grab money.
By the way, I was thinking of not paying the **************'s their last 3 bills (i don't have direct debit set up), what does anyone think?
Thanks,
Martahn
Old 18-December-2006, 11:16
Boomint

Have had the same issues with Tiscali non-stop. Cancelled on 23rd Aug with disconnection on 05 Sept. due to a 3 week loss of service and level 2 tech support being unable to resolve. They then saw fit to take another DD payment on the 7th of Sept. and refuse to acknowledge they'd taken it!

After contacting the bank and actioning an indemnity claim against the DD, Tiscali sent me a bill 3 months later saying the transaction had been reversed and I now owed them ones months billing! Not bad for a DD that wasn't taken initially eh!

General Customer Services are a joke, I've worked as a Customer Services Manager for over 6 years - their escalation procedures suck, big time. Operators take it upon themselves to stonewall customers and refuse to acknowledge company created issues - citing "Write to Head Office" as the only course of action.

After having my call 'terminated' by an ENGLISH op. called George, I contacted both OFCOM and CISAS for guidance. On contacting Tiscali again I requested a dead-lock letter for non-resolution of my complaint, guess what? I was transferred to a Team Leader named Darren who acknowledged the issue and wrote-off the erroneous £14.99 bill...

Overall I've spent over 6 hours on the 'phone to tech. support and Customer dis-service trying to resolve issues created purely by Tiscali. In total, I was without a BB connection for over 7 weeks whilst trying to get LLU undone and a migration to another provider. Once Tiscali had removed their equipment I was moved over in 3 days - they spun it out for the maximum duration of 15 days, the 10-15 days specified in their correspondence is a load of crap!

Looks like someone will have to pick up the pieces now that Tiscali are up for sale. Use Tiscali at your peril, the rates may look attractive, however, you ultimately get what you pay for!
Old 18-December-2006, 11:54
Stu

What a disgrace Tiscali are.

I have just requested my MAC code to get away after 8 months with them.
Things have been poor from the get-go regarding speeds but in the summer they offered me an upgrade to Tiscali Max, their 8mb service. Two months later (!) I received an email telling me that they would be installing Max within 7 days. Since then, nothing...

I complained but got no response. So I complained again and added new comments about poor service and speeds and the fact that they were billing me for the Max service which I was not getting. This time I received a response from their customer service department telling me that I was out of contract – eight months into a twelve month contract! They chose not to respond to any of my complaints and I can only assume they were happy for me to leave.

However in the last week I find that my account has been suspended. When I ring to find out why I am told that it is for spamming abuse. Surprising as they never contacted before or since to explain their actions. I was then told that the only way for me to contact the department responsible was by email... DOH!

I did ask if the office involved had no phones, as I was prepared to buy one for them if need be. Unfortunately as it was a Sunday evening there were no managers or supervisers to help me further. So this morning I have rung to cancel and request a MAC code. The snotty and arrogant operator at Tiscali would not accept my complaints telling me that I should go and use an internet café instead and there was no reason for me to not be online, despite having my home account suspended.

How pathetic, rude and condescending! I work from home and rely on a connection. And besides that how am I supposed to get emails via my Tiscali account? Well apparantly thats my problem, not theirs, even though I am paying them for a service, which they now refuse to supply (but I might add, are happy to take money out of my bank account for).

My advice is to steer clear of Tiscali as they are clearly not interested in your best interests, only in their profits. One only needs to take a look at the support forums on their website to see how dissatisfied their customers are.

This is the second ISP in twelve months I have cancelled from, the other being BT for a very similar problem in which they suspended my account for having a virus on my computer. In fairness they warned me in advance so I ran the anti-virus software etc and cleaned my computer but what BT failed to tell me was that they were going to suspend my account anyway. It took nearly 4 weeks of phoning their helpdesk to discover why my broadband wasn't working. It was a three hour phone call that routed me through about twelve different departments before I ended up with someone who informed me of the reason why my account had been suspended and then informed me that the information should have been available to all their operators but most of them weren't trained very well and wouldn't spot the flagging system on their computers! Needless to say that I cancelled my account immediately. Which then started major problems with BT Wholesale – which is another story!

I also remember distinctly the BT helpdesk operator who told me "BT doesn't contact our customers. Our customers must contact us".

It seems like the UK communications industry desperately need lessons on the art of communication...

(apologies for the long post)
Old 18-December-2006, 22:44
setyoufree

If you really want to get a sucsessful break from Tiscrapi, then record the phone call with them, easily enough if you have a bog standard microphone, or like mine a little more techy.
Tell them firstly that you are recording, this gives them the kick in the rear.
They will at first tell you the "script written speech" that MAC Codes will take up to 1-5 days... crap !! I got mine within 45min, and they will also tell you that BT give the MAC Codes out... CRAP !!, BT already briefed me on this.
I got the break from them, but before my new ISP could connected, they cut my connection, this is the first chance to tell my woes with Tiscrapi.
DON'T ever go near this bum like company, just a pity they still have unaware new customers... but I hope this here can help someone, spread the word you can get out by this method !!
A really hacked off EX customer !!
NUFF SAID

Tags
abuse, aol, bad, broadband, bt, company, computer, credit, dead, email, happy, home, internet, key, line, lock, lost, ofcom, online, phone, rates, software, speeds, tiscali, virus, wireless

Show Printable VersionShow Printable Version
Email this PageEmail this Page
Linear ModeLinear Mode
Hybrid ModeSwitch to Hybrid Mode
Threaded ModeSwitch to Threaded Mode